NOTE

This blog page has moved! I will now be posting updates in https://thingssocool.blogspot.com/

Thursday, January 10, 2019

This is the beginning of something Big

When I wrote this title, I was referring to both this blog and the potential of 3D printing itself. Since the start of my investment in this technology roughly 5 years ago(at the time of writing, of course), I have seen numerous advances and changes take place in the market and with the printers themselves. 
Ever since the emergence of the Makerbot Cupcake, one of the first forerunners in this consumer based market, the technology has advanced tremendously. The humble machine had a build area of only 100mm x 100mm x 130mm, was covered in wires, unreliable and finicky, and had mediocre print quality at best, but the machine cost less than 1000 USD, and was the first of its kind. 
   Today, the commonplace machines are made of sleek plastic and metal, and have features and quality that those early machines lacked. 3D printing has come a long way, but it is still an experimental technology, and will still continue to be so until the printers share the same “hit print and forget” reliability of standard household printers. 
   The history lesson aside, I feel like I can contribute to the technology by sharing my experiences with it. Over the years of being in possession of this, I have had many experiences perfect for sharing. Here is where I will post them, and will continue to post as I experience more advancements. Just as well, I will also be sharing my issues and problems with this technology. Part of my philosophy is that by documenting my issues and incompleteness, I can show my personal methodology of troubleshooting as I eventually fix it. A good deal of the solution is in the process.
Don't Forget to check out my other Blog,

No comments:

Post a Comment

MRRF 2019

  Recently, I, along with many others, attended the Midwest Rep-Rap festival, or MRRF. This festival is a meeting of hundreds of make...